I want to upload signed compulsory annexes in Synergies but the legal representative of the Partner has changed since the filling of the Application form, could the substitute sign instead of the legal representative announced in the Application form?
Signatures should match between what has been indicated in the application form (name of the legal representative) and the signatory of the co-financing declaration.
If this is not possible, the signature of the substitute has to be done “on behalf” or by delegation. And the delegation has to be uploaded on the system. Moreover, the national co-financing amount included in this declaration must correspond to the information stated in the Application Form validated.
How many proposals or projects are approved per average per call?
There is no defined average per call for the approval of projects. The envelop dedicated to each call is approved by the Monitoring Committee; the information is available on the Terms of References of each call.Category : Assessment procedure
Is it possible to create additonal budget lines?
No, Project budgets must be structured according to the following 5 budget lines (predefined):
- Staff costs
- Office and administrative expenditure
- Travel and accommodation costs
- External expertise and services costs
- Equipment expenditure
What is the date to be taken into account when converting national currency into euros?
Any expenditure incurred in a currency other than the Euro shall be converted into Euro using the monthly accounting exchange rate of the European Commission in the month during which that expenditure was submitted for verification by the concerned partner to its First Level Controller.Category : Budget and financing
Are preparations costs eligible and which is the total maximum amount?
Yes, The reimbursement of these costs will follow the principles detailed below:
- The lump sum is not automatic. Preparation costs budget must be indicated in the Application Form, giving concrete information on the amount allocated to the concerned ERDF project partner(s);
- The lump sum will amount to EUR 30 000 of total eligible expenditure per project;
- The co-financing rate of the preparation costs will be in line with the co-financing rate applicable to the partner(s) to which the lump sum is allocated;
- The lump sum covers all costs linked to the preparation of the project;
- Any difference between the granted lump-sum and the real costs occurred for preparation is neither checked nor further monitored by the Programme;
- Only ERDF partners are entitled to budget and claim preparation costs.
Preparation costs are covered by a lump sum and there is no possibility for the projects to opt for real preparation costs.Category : Budget and financing
Within the specific objective 3.2 framework, can projects involve spaces that are not necessarily in protected areas ?
All protected areas designations are eligible (including European and/or National territorial designation categories, “Fishing protected areas” and “Fish stock recovery areas).
As a consequence, projects in spaces that are not necessarily in protected areas, but that aim to improve the conservation status and to incorporate further management conservation objectives are eligible (for example, development of fish stock recovery areas or fishing protected areas; implementation of further management conservation objectives in habitats already defined or being of high interest, in order to afford opportunities to achieve higher levels of protection in this space, etc.)Category : Eligible partners and areas
Can “International Organisation (IO) under international law” integrate the partnership of MED projects ?
International organisations acting under international law are only eligible as partners and they cannot act as Lead Partners.
They can participate in projects only upon their explicit acceptance of all requirements deriving from the Treaty for the Functioning of the European Union and the regulations applicable in the framework of the Interreg MED Programme, including – but not limited to – the following:
- Adherence to applicable community policies, including the respect of rules on public procurement;
- Acceptance of the national control requirements set in the framework of the Interreg MED Programme by the Member State in which the organisation acting as partner is located;
- Acceptance of controls and audits by all those bodies entitled to carry out such controls in the framework of the Interreg MED Programme, including the Managing Authority and Joint Secretariat, the Audit Authority and the European Court of Auditors as well as the relevant national authorities of the Member State in which the international organisation acting as project partner is located. Storage of all documents required for these controls must allow performing them in the geographical area covered by the Interreg MED Programme;
- Final financial liability for all sums wrongly paid out.
- A project proposal involving international organisations acting under international law in the partnership must include an ad hoc declaration to be provided and signed by these institutions. For reasons of legal security, additional legal information may be requested to these institutions prior to granting the fund.
The non-compliance with these requirements could lead to the exclusion of such partners.Category : Eligible partners and areas
Could a partner be a Lead Partner in two applications in different axes ?
There is no limit to the number of applications in which an institution can participate (as a partner or lead partner). However, institutions have to demonstrate the technical and administrative capacity to develop the activities in which they engage. This capacity will be analysed during the evaluation of proposals.Category : Eligible partners and areas
Can an institution be a partner simultaneously in a modular project and in a horizontal project ?
The same institution can integrate proposals in modular and horizontal projects. Nonetheless, it cannot integrate a modular project and a horizontal project approved in the same specific objective. Should an institution be involved in approved horizontal and modular projects of the same specific objective, it will be requested to abandon one of them.Category : Eligible partners and areas
Is an electronic signature allowed on the compulsory annexes?
The electronic signature is authorized but there must be the original stamp on the document.Category : Compulsory annexes to upload