MADE in MED
What is it about?
Built on the concept of Fablab: "Fabrication Laboratory", the MADE in MED event will present the first results of our 90 projects through a conference and an exhibition. These two days will be an opportunity to convey the idea and values of co-working, knowledge sharing and innovation but also to look towards the future of cooperation in the Mediterranean.
The conference will be articulated around 3 parts that will go crescendo:
- The technical part (day 1): It will be the time to present our most successful results/initiatives and how they have a significant impact.
- Scaling up strategic actions with PANORAMED (day 2): taking strategic/political action to an upper level, PANORAMED partners will present how they intend to capitalise on project results to feed new projects and influence policies.
- The political part (day 2): current vision of the future of cooperation medium to long term, and how Programmes, projects and stakeholders fit in.
The whole event will therefore combine a political agenda, with the integration of PANORAMED (axis 4 project) and with the active participation of decision-makers, linked with a thematic/technical agenda, showing how Interreg MED project results contribute to three transversal themes: climate change, blue economy and inclusive growth.
- Through the concrete results of Modular, Horizontal and Governance projects, illustrate how the Interreg MED Programme architecture has become a “living” integrated process with tangible contributions, where thematic communities speak in one voice.
- Demonstrate the added value of transnational cooperation and more specifically of the Interreg MED Programme by showcasing project results from a transversal perspective;
- Encourage integration with other programmes;
- Reinforce our message at local and European policy level.
Day 1: Project partners, decision-makers, experts and the media
Day 2: Project partners, high-level decision-makers and policy promoters.
What's on the agenda?
Programme day 1
Production area - Showcasing projects & ideas
Climate change, blue economy and inclusive growth will be on the spotlight of this conference. Our projects will illustrate how they contribute to these three major challenges: partners, public authorities and experts will engage in lively debates and see how they can have a positive impact on them.
08.30 - REGISTRATION
09.30 - Opening and welcome
10.00 - An expert’s word on our common challenges
10.30 - Our idea factory – Climate change department
Thematic contributions on climate change challenges, based on our projects’ results, and panel discussion.
12.30 - LUNCH & VISIT OF OUR LAB AREA: TASTING & TESTING MED
14.00 - Our idea factory – Blue economy department
Thematic contributions on blue economy, based on our projects’ results, and panel discussion.
17.30 - Wrap up of the day at Interreg MED FabLab
18.00 - UN ESPRESSO E VIA
Programme day 2
Thinking area - From project to public policies
After a first day dedicated to discovering and experiencing our projects’ achievements, this second day will focus on the Interreg MED vision and the post-2020 perspective. How can we enhance synergies and territorial impact for a sustainable prosperous Mediterranean?
08.30 - REGISTRATION
09.30 - Briefing on our FabLab’s capacities
Bridging key conclusions from day 1 thematic round tables with institutional multilevel dialogue and capacity building processes.
10.30 - Brainstorming between Interreg Programmes
11.30 - COFFEE BREAK - Fuel for thoughts
12.00 - High-level capitalisation with PANORAMED project
13.00 - LUNCH & VISIT OF OUR LAB AREA: TASTING & TESTING THE MED
14.30 - Crafting the future of the Mediterranean: our way forward post-2020
Round table 1 – Territorial impact
Round table 2 – Synergies
17.00 - Closing of the Interreg MED FabLab
17.30 - HAPPY HOUR & VISIT OF OUR LAB AREA: TASTING & TESTING THE MED