The Interreg MED Programme is pleased to announce that the 2nd call for modular projects is open from 9th May 2019 at noon (France local time) to 27th June 2019 at noon (France local time).
For a detailed description of contents of programme specific objectives and types of projects, including information on possible actions, beneficiaries and target groups, please refer to the relevant Terms of Reference.
The indicative financial allocation for this call is approximately €12.5M (ERDF + IPA + national co-financing). The final allocation is subject to the decisions of the Steering Committee of the Interreg MED Programme.
Eligibility of Lead Partners
For this call, a restriction to the eligibility of Lead Partners apply: only partners currently participating in ongoing Horizontal projects can apply as LPs regardless the thematic community.
To ensure a high geographical coverage, Lead Partners must include at least one partner coming from an Interreg MED country not included in the Horizontal project belonging to the 1st call for Horizontal projects, under the specific objective (or sub-topic for Axis 1) to which they apply for.
Submitting your application
For the current call for proposals, applications will be conducted in a single phase. The submission procedure consists of two main parts: a full Application Form, to be filled in and validated, and several annexes (including Partners’ additional documents) being compulsory, which shall be uploaded in SYNERGIE CTE monitoring tool. There are two different deadlines to be respected:
- The application phase is open from 9th May 2019, at noon (Paris local time) to 27th June 2019, at noon (Paris local time);
- The application must be finalised and validated using the on-line Interreg MED Programme tool SYNERGIE CTE before the set deadline. After 27th June 2019, at noon (Paris local time) the full application will not be accessible anymore in SYNERGIE CTE.
The applicants have until the submission of the proposals assessment by the Steering Committee to upload on SYNERGIE CTE the compulsory annexes. The uploading must be completed at the latest by 4th October 2019, at noon (Paris local time). After 4th October 2019, at noon (Paris local time) it will not be possible any longer to upload the compulsory annexes.
The compulsory annexes required are a scan of the signed following documents:
- Application Form confirmation page (PDF version of the Part E of the submitted Application form);
- Partner declaration from all participating partners, including the Lead Partner, using the template provided by the Programme;
- “De minimis” declaration only from the partners whose activities within the project are State Aid relevant and that are willing to apply the de minimis Regulation, using the template provided by the Programme;
- Associated partner declaration, using the template provided by the Programme, one for each associated partner (if applicable).
The applicants are invited to read carefully the Terms of Reference of this call, that includes the Eligibility and Assessment grids linked to this call, published with this announcement as well as the SYNERGIE CTE guide dedicated to the application phase for this call, to learn more about the modalities of the submission procedure and facilitate the drafting of your proposal in the monitoring tool. Failure to comply with the set procedure will entail the non-eligibility of the proposal.
In order to avoid important delays in the timely submission of the full application, the Interreg MED Programme Joint Secretariat invite all applicants to start filling in the application form on SYNERGIE CTE and to initiate the signature process of the compulsory annexes as soon as possible.
Tips to avoid ineligibility of applications and to submit annexes correctly
Failure to comply with the submission procedure and the eligibility criteria may result in a proposal not being eligible, which means that the proposal will not proceed to the evaluation phase. Here are some tips to avoid the most common mistakes in the submission of annexes:
- Respect the deadlines set for this call and do not wait until the last minute to finalise the submission procedure;
- Concerning the confirmation page of the application form which must be signed and uploaded to the Interreg MED Programme's online monitoring tool, SYNERGIE CTE: the confirmation page is part E of the application form. The page must be completed and signed after its electronic submission in the system. The PDF version of this page must be taken from the application form once submitted through the system and must be uploaded, completed and signed. No other version is allowed. Please refer to step 13 of the SYNERGIE ETC guide to complete this step;
- With regard to the mandatory annexes:
- The appropriate templates must be used, depending on the role (Lead Partner or Partner or Associated Partner) of the partner and the co-financing instrument (ERDF or IPA) ;
- All fields must be duly completed, including references to the relevant project proposal, names of signatories, signatures and date, if applicable ;
- The templates must not be modified;
- In case of delegation of signature, proof of delegation must be attached to the document; There must be no discrepancy between the name of the signatory and the legal representative without proof of delegation of signature ;
- The amounts of national co-financing indicated in the declarations of the Lead Partner and partners must correspond to the amounts indicated in the application form.
- The duration of the project must correspond to the indications defined in the Terms of Reference: 32 months maximum, starting from 1 November 2019 ;
- For the present call, the minimum requirements for partnerships are the following: 4 partners representing 4 different countries of the Interreg MED Programme area of which at least 3 are from the EU area of the Interreg MED Programme area.
Calendar after submission of applications
A verification of administrative and eligibility criteria and a qualitative assessment will be carried out. According to the provisional timetable established for the call, eligibility results are expected in early August, while the results of the qualitative evaluation, leading to the approval of projects under the third call for modular projects, are expected by the end of October this year.
Applicants are invited to set the starting date for their projects at 1 November 2019.
Reference documents for this phase
In order to write your proposals correctly, it is important that you read the following documents carefully:
- Terms of reference by specific objective dedicated to this call, including the eligibility and evaluation criteria;
- Sample application form;
- ETC SYNERGY Guide to facilitate the writing of your proposal;
- Programme Manual;
- Cooperation programme.
For further information, you can contact the representatives of the national contact points (contact details are available at interreg-med.eu/en/news-events/in-your-country/ ) and the Joint Secretariat (email@example.com).
Protection of personal data
The Sud Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur Region, as Managing Authority of the Interreg MED Programme, electronically processes personal data relating to applicants and beneficiaries in compliance with the EU legal and regulatory framework to carry out the activities of the Interreg MED Programme, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Regulation on Data Protection.
To this effect, any interested and concerned person has the right to access, rectify or erase personal data collected and stored by the Programme.