September and October are full of final events of the Interreg MED communities across the Mediterranean.
The different Interreg MED communities are working on the final details of a wide variety of events for the two months ahead. Some projects are coming to an end and aim to share the results with you in their final conferences. Others are celebrating the benefits of transnational cooperation and its positive impact on the territories. Whatever the case, take a look at all the events and choose the one that fits you.
- “Urban Transports community Final Conference” – 17Th & 18Th September 2019 in Malaga, Spain.
“To celebrate the past three years of successful cooperation and positive impact, GO SUMP organizes a final event in Malaga, Spain. It will take place from the 17th to the 18th of September within the wider framework of the European Mobility Week campaign. It will be an opportunity for each modular project to showcase its achievements in an interactive way, but also to discuss key policy recommendations and explore future commitments and activities.”
- Blue and Green Growth communities final event: “Transition towards blue and green economies in the Mediterranean” – 19Th & 20Th September 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
“The Blue and Green Growth communities will celebrate together their joint final event aiming to raise awareness on how the integration of both blue and green economies can support a more sustainable development of the Mediterranean. The communities will also look forward to a better understanding of each other’s results for policy recommendations, sharing their knowledge and good practices as well as networking together.”
- Sustainable Tourism final event Part 2: "Fostering sustainable tourism in the Mediterranean region" 9th October 2019 in Brussels
"This event, organised in the framework of the European Week of Cities and Regions, has the objective of triggering the discussion on the importance of a sustainable approach in European tourism, with a special focus on the Mediterranean area and the next programming period."
- Efficient Buildings final event: “Mediterranean Energy Debate” – 10th October 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
“The Efficient Buildings community is organising the MED – Mediterranean Energy Debate, a public event to present the solutions developed by the Community to the wide audience of the European Week of Regions and Cities. The event is a unique occasion for public administrators to learn from peers how to better design, implement and finance efficiency measures in public buildings and neighborhoods around the Mediterranean.”
- Biodiversity protection final event: “Ecosystem-Based Adaptation: A pulse for transformative changes in the Mediterranean Sea" – 14th & 16th October 2019 in Malaga, Spain.
“The Interreg MED Biodiversity Protection community, featured by the PANACeA horizontal project, is organising a three-day encounter to share and celebrate the three years of collaborative work achieved to safeguard mechanisms and tools that support a more effective management of biodiversity and ensure proper ecosystem functions across the Mediterranean.”
- Social&Creative final event: “Mediterranean Forum of Creativity and Social Innovation” – 15th & 16th October 2019 in Bari, Italy.
“The Social & Creative community of the Interreg MED Programme, featured by TALIA horizontal project, is being built by orchestrating the progress and results of individual projects within the Priority Axis specifically related to Cultural and Creative Industries on the one hand, and Social Innovation on the other. This two-day conference is aimed at celebrating the past three years of successful cooperation and positive impact and demonstrating the work done and the results achieved by the community.”
Do you want to catch up on past final events?
- Renewable Energy final event: “EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.” - 18th June 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
“The Renewable Energy Community project participated in EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2019. During the EUSEW, the Renewable Energy Community organized a side event, Climate Alliance. It was a very good opportunity for the project to disseminate all the good practices and initiatives to an important audience. Thanks to our invited speakers a significant discussion took place.”
- Sustainable Tourism final event Part 1: “Mediterranean Sustainable Tourism Convention 2019” – 5th - 7th June 2019 in Barcelona, Spain.
“The Mediterranean Sustainable Tourism Convention 2019 has been the occasion for the MED Sustainable Tourism Community to debate on different aspects of the tourist activity in the region. It promoted as well the encounter of the territorial projects of this thematic community of the Interreg MED Programme with external actors and stakeholders of the tourism sector. They all participated in panel debates, workshops, roundtables and study visits, bringing different stances in the broader view of rethinking the tourism sector’s contribution to a more sustainable and inclusive growth in the Mediterranean region.”