The Interreg MED Programme is pleased to announce that the call for carbon footprint compensation projects is open from the 15th February 2021 at noon (metropolitan France local time) to the 15th of April 2021 at noon (metropolitan France local time).
The Terms of reference are addressed to fund a Carbon Footprint Compensation project able to develop a methodology for calculation of the carbon footprint of MED projects and promotion of good practices in carbon offsetting. The scope of the work will be to deliver a methodology able to support any MED project in the calculation of the gas emissions caused by the implementation of their activities and propose initiatives, measures, actions to compensate them.
For a detailed description of objectives and contents of the Call, possible types of activities, partnership composition, please refer to the relevant Terms of Reference.
The indicative financial allocation for this call is about 0,5M€ (ERDF + IPA + national co-financing). The final allocation is subject to further decisions of the Interreg MED Programme Steering Committee.
Indicatively only one project will be approved under this Call for proposals. Depending on the availability of funds in the selection phase and the quality of the proposals, a second project could be approved.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
In order to submit the proposal, the Lead Partner must request the creation of an account giving access to the Application form on SYNERGIE CTE by sending an e-mail to the Joint Secretariat of the Interreg MED Programme (email@example.com).
The request for the account creation can be sent to the JS until 8th April. Any request made after this date will not be treated.
For the current call for proposals, applications will be conducted in a single phase. The submission procedure consists of two main parts: a full Application Form, to be filled in and validated, and several annexes (including Partners’ additional documents) being compulsory, which shall be uploaded in SYNERGIE CTE monitoring tool. There are two different deadlines to be respected.
The application must be submitted electronically using the on-line monitoring tool of the Interreg MED Programme, SYNERGIE CTE.
Please refer to the Terms of References for all partnership requirements.
- The application phase of the call for projects is open, from 15th February 2021, at noon (metropolitan France local time) to 15th April 2021, at noon (metropolitan France local time).
- The application must be finalised and validated using the on-line Interreg MED Programme tool SYNERGIE CTE before the set deadline. On 15th April, at noon (metropolitan France local time) the full application will not be accessible anymore in SYNERGIE CTE
- The applicants have until the submission of the proposals’ assessment to the Steering Committee to upload on SYNERGIE CTE the compulsory annexes. The uploading must be completed at the latest by 10th May 2021, at noon (metropolitan France local time).
The compulsory annexes required are:
- A scan of the signed Application Form confirmation page (PDF version of the Part E of the submitted Application form);
- A scan of the signed Partner declaration from all participating partners, including the Lead Partner, using the template provided by the Programme;
- A scan of the signed “De minimis” declaration only from the partners whose activities within the project are State Aid relevant and that are willing to apply the de minimis Regulation, using the template provided by the Programme;
- A scan of the signed Associated partner declaration, using the template provided by the Programme, one for each associated partner (if applicable).
The applicants are invited to read carefully the Terms of Reference of this call, that includes the Eligibility and Assessment grids linked to this call, published with this announcement as well as the SYNERGIE guide dedicated to the application phase for this Call, to learn more about the modalities of the submission procedure and facilitate the drafting of your proposal in the monitoring tool. Failure to comply with the set procedure will entail the non-eligibility of the proposal.
In order to avoid important delays in the timely submission of the full application, the Interreg MED Programme Joint Secretariat invite all applicants to start filling in the application form on Synergie CTE and to initiate the signature process of the compulsory annexes as soon as possible.
TIPS TO AVOID INELIGIBILITY OF PROPOSALS AND TO CORRECTLY SUBMIT ANNEXES
The non-respect of the submission procedure and eligibility criteria can lead to the non-eligibility of a proposal, meaning that the proposal will not pass to the assessment phase. Please find below some tips to avoid most common mistakes in the submission of annexes:
- Respect the deadlines set for this call, and do not wait until the last minute for finalising the submission procedure;
- Regarding the application form confirmation page, that has to be signed and uploaded to the online monitoring tool of the Interreg MED Programme, SYNERGIE CTE: the confirmation page refers to the Part E of the Application Form. It has to be completed and signed after its electronic submission in the system. The PDF version of this page is issued from the submitted in the system Application Form and has to be uploaded, once duly completed and signed. No other version will be admitted. Please refer to step 10 of SYNERGIE guide to fulfil this step;
- Regarding compulsory annexes:
- the correct templates should be used, depending on the role (Lead Partner or Partner or Associated Partner) of the partner and the co-financing instrument (ERDF or IPA);
- All fields should be duly completed, including references to the relevant project proposal, names of signatories, signatures and date when requested;
- Templates should not be amended;
- In case of delegation of signature, a proof of delegation should be attached to the document; there should be no discrepancy between the name of the signatory and the legal representative without proof of delegation of signature;
- The amounts of national co-financing indicated in LP and Partners’ declaration should correspond to the amounts indicated in the Application Form;
- Project duration should correspond to indications set in the Terms of reference: 13 months maximum, starting from 1st June 2021;
- For this call, the minimum requirements for partnerships are: at least 3 different countries from the Interreg MED Programme area of which, at least 1 from the European Union part of the Interreg MED Programme area.
CALENDAR AFTER SUBMISSION OF THE PROPOSALS.
An eligibility and administrative check, as well as a qualitative assessment will be conducted. According to the provisional calendar established for the call, the results of the eligibility assessment are expected by end of April, whereas the results of the qualitative assessment, leading to the approval of projects under this call for projects, are expected by the end of May 2021.
Applicants are invited to establish as starting date for their projects June 2021.
DOCUMENTS OF REFERENCE FOR THIS PHASE
In order to draft your proposals correctly, it is important for you to read carefully the following documents:
- Terms of Reference for this Call, including eligibility and evaluation criteria
- Courtesy application form template
- Dedicated SYNERGIE CTE guide to facilitate the drafting of your proposal
- Programme Manual
- Cooperation Programme.
An applicant Seminar will be held on-line on 4th March 2021. You may check the details on the PROGRAMME WEBSITE.
- For further information, you can contact the national contact point representatives (contact details can be found on https://interreg-med.eu/en/news-events/in-your-country/) as well as of the Joint Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- "The Region Sud Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur, as Managing Authority of the Interreg MED Programme, processes electronically personal data related to applicants and beneficiaries under the legal compliance with EU legal framework and regulations to carry out the activities of the Interreg MED Programme, in compliance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation.
- For this purpose, all persons interested and concerned have the right of access, rectification or erasure of personal data collected and stored by the Programme.